Friday, January 6, 2012

Absolutely Beautiful Day at the Arboretum

Today was such a beautiful day in January!!  The kids and I decided to take advantage of it and met a friend at the Arboretum.  We had such a great time!  Great friend, lots of play time, and of course lots of photo opportunities - what else could you want!  :-) 

My friend and I are both planning on doing a couple of Project 52s this year for photography.  We will both most likely be doing one through our LensBaby group and one we found on the Internet (through MCP Actions).  Today we decided to focus on our first LensBaby challenge of sunshine.  I had never attempted a sun flare type picture before and she had tons of great tips.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from today, along with my "sunshine" picture.



I love this pathway and I had always wanted to take pictures here.  There was hardly anyone there today so it was great to be able to snap a few shots while nobody was on the trail.


My sunshine picture of my Sunshine.  :-)
 

We let the kids run around when we first got there.  And I think they both really enjoyed getting outdoors.  I love this smile on Little Miss.  :-)


Ha!  I tried running in front of the kids to get pictures of them walking towards me but when I turned around they were both chasing after me.  :-)


This was a beautiful area that my friend found.  And I don't know why but I  became a little fixated on getting a shot of little miss through the flowers.  :-)


===========================================
Linking our fun morning play date up with "You Capture"

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures turned out great! I'm so impressed that you got them uploaded and edited so quickly. :-) You are going to rock these project 52's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love these, especially the first one! And I know exactly where you are since I've spent a few mornings with kids at that same Arboretum when we used to live in the area! :)

    Your twins are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That walkway IS amazing! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...