Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day this year was really sad.  My father-in-law passed away unexpectedly February 9th - 5 days before Valentine's.  He was a quiet man but a great man.  I love the way he loved my family.  He was always on the look out for something he knew we might want or need.  He bought flowers for the kids the last time we saw them because he knew my little girl loves to pick wild flowers.  I love that he ate 3 pieces of cake at our wedding (after 3 different bridesmaids offered to get him a piece not knowing that he had already had one.)  I love how he sang to my babies when he held them when they were little bitty.  I love that he taught me about it being "boo boo" outside (cold) and about the "wow wows" (the dogs) - definitely things the kids have picked up and will carry with them.  I love that he would tell me his old stories of his army and railroad days after the kids were in bed and my mother-in-law had fallen asleep on the couch.  :-)  I love that he was always up for a good game of cards.  I only got to know him for a short period of time (about 6 years) but I love that he was a part of my life. 

I hope to get some of my favorite pictures together of him and the grand babies to post very soon but for now I will post our Valentine's pictures.  We took these about a week or so before Valentine's day with my photo mom's group.  Our Valentine's Day was definitely filled with love and memories this year but definitely very sad too.  We love and miss you so much Papa Bob!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...