Sunday, August 24, 2014

A New Beginning: Starting School {A Letter to My Children}


I'm not sure how this happened so fast but my babies are going to pre-K this year.  I'm excited for them and sad all at the same time.  Here is my letter to them this month as we start on our next adventure.




To my pre-K big kids:

Being your Mommy is one of my favorite things in life.  Up until now our lives have been filled with play dates, a really flexible schedule, and lots of fun.  I have loved having you guys with me all the time.

Pre-school is going to bring us exciting changes though.  You guys will be in school 3 hours a day every day.  We will definitely have to adjust to our new schedule.  I think it will be a great transition for all of us as you move on to kindergarten though.

We met your new teacher (Mrs. Price) and she is so sweet!  I loved how she took both of your hands in hers as she introduced herself to you.  You guys are both so excited about her and your first day.  I can't wait to hear all the wonderful tales you will have to tell me as you come home each day.

I know I will shed a few tears that first day (or so) but I love you guys so much and can't wait to see the new things you will learn and the new friendships you will build!

Love you forever and always!
Mommy


*****************************************

I am participating in a blog circle with a great group of moms who are writing letters to their children as well.  We're doing it together as a way of supporting each other and as a reminder to keep writing when life gets so busy.  I'm so glad to be a part of such a great group of ladies.  You can follow our circle with my friend's letter to her children next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...