Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I Hope I Never Forget... {Letters to Our Children}



To my two beautiful babies:

There are so many things I hope I never forget.  I love being your mommy.  And I am so happy I have had the chance to stay at home with you and watch you grow.  I wouldn't want to miss these moments for anything in the world.  This time is definitely a huge blessing in my life.

I have been thinking for a while now I want to record the cute things you say and the every day moments - so I'm going to attempt some of that now.  And of course not every day is always rosey - we have had our share of sleepless nights, sickness, fussy fits, and potty training but then there are those moments all I can do is sit and think "Wow, I'm so glad all of this is happening to me".  :-)

Some of your favorite things: 

You guys are learning so much and your imaginations have just blossomed over the last year.  You love to pretend.  You love playing in the water.  And you love anything that gets you outside.  But with it being so cold outside lately we have been stuck inside a lot.  So this month I decided I wanted to try and capture you guys playing with some of your favorite inside toys. 
Since you were a real little guy, you have loved Buzz and Woody.  There was a time when you and Buzz were almost inseparable.  Spider-man and all things super hero have started overshadowing Buzz lately...but he still has a place in your heart.  :-)


You also have a new found love for your race cars.  You are starting to love to race them and crash them.  I see many more race tracks in your future.


My little girl - you have really started having a big imagination.  You love playing with your animals and having tea parties (and of course all things princess).  I set up this tea party for you and your care-bears one morning and after you played for quite a while, you came and gave me the biggest hug and told me you loved me.  Talk about making my heart smile.


Some of my favorite things you say:


Here are some of my favorite things you guys have told us lately.  Hehe...I can't help myself, you guys make me smile.  :-)
  • Little Man
    • "I don't know about that Momma."  
    • "Where's my steak?"  (When we sat down for a Mexican food dinner at Grannie's.)
    • "I want to go on vacation."  (Which we finally learned meant you want to go swimming.) 
    • "We're twins."  (To Grandma and Grannie.  He just wanted them to know.)  :-)
  • Baby Girl
    • "The BEST EVER!"  
    • "My do!  My do!"  (when asked if you want to do something)
    • "I want you to tuck my in."  (every night at bed time)
    • "The End" (at the end of bedtime prayers)
Of course, there are so many more things I want to remember and I know we have so many wonderful memories yet to come.  But one of the things I hope you guys always remember is how much your Mommy and Daddy love you!  You guys definitely have our hearts!

I love you guys so much!!

Mommy


******************************************************** 

Some of my friends in my moms group and I have decided to create a blog circle where we will share monthly letters to our children.  In a world where we all get so busy with life, for me it is an opportunity to slow down and hopefully record some of our moments together for them.  Please check out my friend Liesl's beautiful letter to her son here and then follow our circle around until you get back to me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carrie! This is so special. What a great way to document special memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...