Friday, April 12, 2013

Loving Our Spring Days {Letters to Our Children}

To my favorite 3 year olds:
 
3 years old is such a fun age with you guys!  Your imagination (along with your ability to communicate with us) has gone through the roof.  I like to watch you guys play and explore.  Hands down your favorite things to do right now are look for lady bugs and flowers (and pretty much anything outside).  I'm so glad Spring is finally getting here so we can go outside and play!!  Here are some of my favorite Spring pictures of you guys so far this year.
 


Some of my favorite adventures with both of you:
  • My favorite morning routine:  When you guys come to our bed in the morning and snuggle in.  I love our snuggles!
  • My favorite thing about our night time routine:  When you guys remind me that we need to say our prayers.  It almost always goes something like this:  "Dear Jesus, Thank you for Emily, Thank you for Noah, ......... We love you Jesus.  Amen.  (Followed by Sugars saying "The End")
  • My favorite family outings:  I love when we all go to the swimming pool.  You guys laugh and giggle the whole time.  I love seeing how much you enjoy it.  I can't wait to get you enrolled in swim lessons.  I think you guys will have a blast.
  • My favorite day of the week:  The day we have art.  We make a whole morning of it.  We have art class and then go to Chick-fila.  I love watching you guys play and make new friends there.  You always have such a great time and I can see you guys learning so much about interacting with other kids.  Plus when we leave you guys always say how we are having a great day.  It makes me so happy!
  • My favorite meal to share with you guys:  Steak! The first time we cooked steak on the grill we thought we would just share 2 steaks with you guys - turns out Daddy and I didn't get any steak at all that night.  We quickly learned how much you love it and now we cook you your own.  :-)



Some of my Sugar's favorite things:  (I asked you guys some of your favorites and here are your answers)
  • Favorite Color: Pink
  • Favorite Cartoon:  Umizoomi (It was on at the time but your real favorite IMO is Octonauts)
  • What you want on your birthday cupcakes:  Arial
  • Favorite thing to do outside:  Look for flowers
  • Favorite thing to do with Daddy:  Hug and kiss him and go dancing with him
  • Favorite place to go: Chickfila
  • Favorite thing to do with Mommy: Pick flowers
  • Favorite food: Cheese
  • Favorite toy: Candy
  • Favorite candy: Peanut Butter Cups
  • Best Friends: Your brother and Mommy
  • Favorite thing to do in a swimming pool: Kicking
  • Favorite drink: Purple Drink



Some of my Mister's favorite things: 
  • Favorite Color: Red
  • Favorite Cartoon:  Super Hero Squad
  • What you want on your birthday cupcakes:  Spiderman, Super Hero Squad, and Angry Birds Star Wars
  • Favorite thing to do outside:  Squirt Water
  • Favorite thing to do with Daddy: Hug and kiss him
  • Favorite place to go: Chuck E Cheese
  • Favorite thing to do with Mommy: Hug and kiss her
  • Favorite food: GOOD pizza
  • Favorite toy: Buzz Lightyear and Woody
  • Favorite candy: Skittles and M&Ms
  • Best Friends: Your sister and Daddy
  • Favorite thing to do in a swimming pool: Going down the slide (even though it got water in your eyes)
  • Favorite drink: Orange Juice
I love sharing so many special moments with you guys!  I love you both so much!!!
Mommy


********************************************************


Some of my friends in my moms group and I have decided to create a blog circle where we will share monthly letters to our children. In a world where we all get so busy with life, for me it is an opportunity to slow down and hopefully record some of our moments together for them. Please check out my friend Niki's beautiful letter to her children here and then follow our circle around until you get back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...