Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkins at the Arboretum

Last week we got a chance to go to the Arboretum with one of my mom friends.  And we had such a good time!  It was the perfect place to take the kids.  The kids had a lot of fun playing in the pumpkins and in Texas Town.  And we (the moms) actually got to enjoy a nice walk.  It was so beautiful there and we actually got a chance to talk - so nice!!  If you've ever tried to carry on a conversation while chasing 1 and 2 year olds, you know a whole conversation hardly ever happens.  :-)  We really enjoyed ourselves. 

Oh and we got those elusive pumpkin pictures for the year.  I had tried a couple of times this year to get some good pumpkin pictures, but the kids are so active now days that they just don't have time to stop and pose for me.  So my friend and I figured out a tag team method.  :-)  We let one kid out of the stroller at a time and while one of us was taking a picture, the other one did everything we could to make that kid smile.  Here are some of my favorites of the day.




{The Arboretum has such a beautiful pumpkin set up each year!  And my friend did such a great job of getting him to smile for us.  He was really enjoying himself.  :-) }
 
{She didn't seem to feel just right this day though and really didn't want her picture taken.  My friend's little boy was so sweet though.  He let her play with his pin wheel which made her happy while I took a few pictures.}
  
{After our pumpkin pictures we walked over to Texas Town, which is filled with little houses for the kids to explore.  He really enjoyed playing and climbing on this covered wagon.}


2 comments:

  1. Love all these pictures! I'm glad you had a good time. Wonder if I'll get out to the Arboretum again before my membership expires. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! It's so helpful when someone else can get your kid to look and smile so you can just focus on the technical stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...